Dear Best Friend,
It's come to my realization that you and I hardly talk anymore on a personal basis, but when we do, things couldn't be more understanding. I think as we grow older we're starting to grow apart, but that's not necessarily a bad thing because we are both bettering our lives. I have so many things I want to say to you and this letter might be unorganized and sloppy.Things haven't been the same since we stopped talking about a year ago, but I can't say they are as bad as they were. Those four months were some of the hardest months of my life and it broke my heart that I didn't have my best friend there when I needed her the most. I'm still angry that all of that happened, I'm angry that I was betrayed by the person I thought that would always have my back, but I can tell you I'm not upset with you anymore. Some of the things you told me were things I absolutely needed to hear, the person I was then was a person I do not know, she was selfish and rude. I didn't know how to care about anyone but myself, my head was so warped around the fantasy that I could have a perfect family with with a boy who never cared an ounce for me and that was totally wrong to turn my back on my family him. I am so sorry for going those months with no words, for cutting you out. Since then I could not be more happy to have a best friend like you in my life. You're the only person I know for sure I can absolutely count on, and we butt heads a lot, but that's totally normal.
I'm proud of you.
I am so proud of the person you are becoming. The places you are going. It seems like just yesterday we were running around town buying Monsters and blue Fun-Dip, that we were making ridiculous videos at your house, taking a million selfies before they were a thing, hiding our cellphone numbers in cute boys boats up camping and laughing until our stomach's felt like they were about to explode. I know a lot of those things haven't happened in awhile, things have changed considerably. We both have changed. We aren't the same girls that we even just a year ago. We've broke each other's hearts probably more than once, but that doesn't change the fact that I love you and always will. I cannot stress that enough. I have shared some of the most joyous parts of my life with you and there is no one else I would rather have shared them with. Thank you for your words of wisdom, the confidence you bestow to me, and the friendship that people dream of.
Love, Sherice.
No comments:
Post a Comment