Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Letting Go.

Life is a crazy thing, I can tell you that first hand, you do things you never thought was possible, thing that are completely against your morals. You are so hurt on the inside that you hurt others, and you give in to your selfish wants. And you're thinking back to a time when you were so phenomenally happy, it makes you miserable, because you're not that happy now, or thinking back to a time when you were so incredibly sad, when everything was falling apart at the seems. And you're wishing that you could just be back to a time where you felt content, and happy with life, and yourself. You grow as a person every single day. You're a new person every day. And everyday you need to let go of something. You need to realize the negative things lingering around your heart and soul are what it causing you to be unhappy. Acceptance. You need to accept the faults of others, you need to accept the faults of yourself.

This whole life is made of pieces, and those pieces you need to put together, like a puzzle, sometimes you're going to get the wrong piece, and you have to realize, that it's okay. You're going to learn, you're going to get the wrong answer at times, and you're going to hurt, but that is life. And life gets scary at times, but I can tell you that even though it's scary, and you're afraid, it ends. Once you learn to let go of the past, stop fretting about the future and living in the present, you're going to realize life is a beautiful thing and shouldn't be spent dwelling on things that are out of our control, it shouldn't be spent living up to standards, or people who 'care' for you. I'm letting go of a person, a person I do not know any longer. Someone that is so unrecognizable to me. That person is me, the me I used to be. I'm growing apart from everyone, and that is because the person I am trying to be is a girl that does not exist anymore.

To my past self: It wasn't your fault, it never has been your fault, I forgive you.

-S.M.

"The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward." 
-Steve Maraboli.

No comments:

Post a Comment