Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Life lessons.

2014 was a year of learning, surviving, hardships, loving, letting go, finding faith, a year of figuring out who I really am. It has been a long hard road, but also surprisingly short. These past few years of my life I have been so lost with no one to guide me, no one to teach me, or tell me what to do when things got tough. I have been so confused, so lonely, I have been looking for friendship in the wrong people, trying to fill this void in my chest with the wrong things. I have been ungrateful, hateful, hurtful and selfish. I lived believing the world owed me something because I have been hurting. I have lived pushing my family, my friends, anyone who said they loved me, completely out of my life. The lessons I have learned this year will follow me for the rest of my life.

Lessons I have learned in 2014:

"I'm sorry." will eventually lose its meaning when you keep apologizing over and over for the exact same thing.

The one who tells you 'it will be okay' is terrified it wont be.

Don't look back, you're not going that way.

Time flies.

The end isn't always as permanent as is sounds.

You do not have to die to know you'll be missed.

You shouldn't be in a relationship with someone when you've grown to resent them.

Things always work out in the end, no matter the circumstance.

If it matters to you, it's not stupid.

Even the people you love and care about the most won't always be there for you.

Actions speak louder than words.

What's important to you won't always be important to another person.

The world would be so much better if everyone loved twice as much as they hated.

You are allowed to feel angry, you are allowed to feel upset, you are allowed to cry.

Promises don't mean anything when a person isn't trustworthy.

The most important thing they should teach in school is patience.

Guys who can smooth talk are trouble.

Don't let your emotions dictate your decisions.

Never settle for less than what you deserve.

If they keep making excuses, drop them.

Your dreams are never unattainable.

Negativity will only find you if you let it.

At some point you have to let go of what you thought should happen, and live in what is happening.

-S.M.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment